HEAD OF FINANCE
Reporting to: The Buildher CEO
Coordinates with: All Other Departments
Employment Type: Full-Time; 4-months’ Probation
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Closing Date: July 15th, 2022
- Buildher is looking to grow its team by bringing on a
- Tiling and Floor Finishes Trainer to support the organization’s Training Team.
The Trainer will help develop, coordinate, deliver, assess and innovate Buildher’s technical training curriculum, working closely with the Head Trainer, and working in regular collaboration with The Buildher CEO and Team. This position is highly collaborative and engages aspects of training, wellness support, mentorship, gender equality and empowerment.
The ideal candidate should possess vast experience in Tiling and Floor Finishes, and have a passion for highly engaged, hands on learning. The candidate will also need to have a flexible learning mindset and show a willingness and interest to grow and advance their community engagement and women’s empowerment skills.
THE BUILDHER MISSION: EMPOWER WOMEN THROUGH CONSTRUCTION AND MANUFACTURING!
Buildher equips disadvantaged young women in Kenya with accredited construction skills, leading to greater financial prosperity, changing male attitudes and promoting gender equity within the construction industry.
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
- To provide training, advice and support to trainees to ensure they obtain the skills, knowledge and experience relevant to their vocational
- In partnership with the Head Trainers and team, liaise with employers as appropriate, to ensure that the trainees are undertaking industry aligned training to achieve the appropriate level of vocational & industry
- To support the Head trainers to deliver the learning activities, schemes of work, theoretical and practical exercises and supervise the work of the technical department team within the Tiling and Floor Finishes department on a day-to-day basis.
- To ensure a safe, efficient, dignified and pleasant working environment.
- To support projects as required, contributing and using practical experience to ensure that training programs are achieved to meet budgets, schedules and performance
COMPETENCY AND REQUIREMENTS
- 8+ years in rrelevant teaching and work experience in Tiling and Floor Finishes in workshop and construction environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Products and high skill level in application techniques relevant to Tiling and Floor Finishes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Tools & equipment relevant to the trade of Tiling and Floor Finishes.
- Demonstrated ability and knowledge of how to balance cost vs quality/ specifications in relevant trade.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in quotation preparations and client management.
- Ability to develop, read and understand technical drawings, sections, plans and elevations.
- Experience developing learning materials and delivering Tiling and Floor Finishes
- Experience writing and delivering pre-prepared training and learning materials to provide Tiling and Floor Finishes
- Experience managing and handling trainees/learners.
- Ability to lead others in a classroom, site or workshop environment.
- Good interpersonal skills with a strong ability to work collaboratively in
- A determination to drive high personal standards in self and others.
- A desire to learn and grow collaboratively, improve and develop new
- A willingness to engage in problem solving.
- A willingness to learn and adopt a gendered approach to training and
- A flexible approach to dealing with others.
- Ability to use machinery and industry relevant hand tools.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with efficiency and accuracy while prioritizing workload to meet deadlines.
- Degree, Higher Diploma, or Diploma and Craft Certificate in Tiling and Floor Finishes
- Management or supervisory experience in Tiling and Floor Finishes
- Teaching certification in Tiling and Floor Finishes
- Teaching and industry experience in installation and repair of Tiles and Floor Finishes
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Fluent (written and oral) in English & Kiswahili
- Proficiency in optimization software considered an advantage
- Proficiency in drafting software considered an advantage
- Experience in entrepreneurship training and curriculum development considered an advantage
Send application to:
Subject title: Buildher Tiling and Floor Finishes Trainer, Job Application
Application should include:
- A detailed cover letter explaining your qualifications, why you are a good fit, and what attracts you to apply for this position.
- Your detailed CV showing relevant experience.
- 1 Page writing sample of previous work (e.g. excerpts of writing/ project reports) in PDF format.
- 3 References from Tiling and Floor Finishes experience. At least 1 reference should be able to speak to your leadership experience.